At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day
Senior Project Manager (PMO) – Molecular Diagnostics IVD (m/f/d)
JOB ID: EMEA01540
LOCATION: Hilden (near Duesseldorf)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Regular Full-Time
- Within our global MDx (Molecular Diagnostics) project management department, you will be working with cross-functional teams, leading system and assay development projects from concept to post-launch
- You are responsible for leading complex System and Assay Development Projects, whilst employing a business-driven mindset and being responsible for all project decisions within scope & objectives, including the decision to escalate
- Managing the Project value within agreed Project scope & objectives as well as ensuring alignment & mutual commitment between the Project & Functions is part of your role
- IVD projects bring a certain risk, therefore you will be managing risk analysis, risk mitigation plans within the Project team from initiation to follow-up and finally reporting
- The project documentation in accordance with applicable regulations and company policies and procedures also lies within your responsibility – Also, you will be acting as a chairperson for technical design and business reviews
- You combine your extensive project management experience (ideally in IVD or regulated projects e.g. ISO13485) with your degree in science, economics or engineering – any project management qualification (e.g. PMP®, PRINCE2, APMP, Critical Chain) is appreciated, but not essential
- You have a strong business sense and experience in risk management within highly budgeted projects – you deliver projects to meet quality, budget and timeline requirements
- Highly dynamic and rapid expending environments motivate you – you are able to keep the pace and motivate others in matrix organizations
- You are a proactive and enthusiastic team player who keeps flexible and calm even under pressure while facing tight timelines
- You are known for your strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills on different hierarchy levels and with different stakeholders in English – German is a plus, but not a must
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.